Finally long awaited Sphinx 3.0 is here. Its a major major rewrite of Sphinx and comes with tons of new features. Here is quick summary of new features I like most
- Store complete documents into Sphinx – No need to query external source to get document data
- More and more support for JSON.
- 64 bit doc ids – 32 bit ids are removed
- Better SphinxQL
- Create indices from SphinxQL (manually writing config files are still an option). No need to provide config file when starting searchd.
- Smaller index size and faster searches.
We are still playing with new release and will keep updating on more features. You can grab release from http://sphinxsearch.com/downloads/current/. The complete documentation is not published yet and its sill pointing to 2.x but you can get the info required from doc/sphinx3.html file which is included in release.
Leave A Comment