Our client is a WordPress based community for women in business. This site was using multiple plugins for memberships, discussions and other social features. The website was experiencing performance issues and was causing bad user experience.
Our team was engaged to fix the performance issues. We performed an audit on server to find the bottlenecks in website. We found some mysql queries which were causing slowness. These queries were traced back to a plugin which was being used to block/allows access to certain posts for different member types. We fixed the issues with sql queries and did fine tune mysql settings for better performance.